Is that Me? the tinkerings of an Old Grandma heh-heh

Monday, January 21, 2008

breakfast and no quilts

Kids came over yesterday for brunch. [That got my ass in gear! I have two weeks in front of me and I am determined to accomplish someThing. I really want to get back into sewing but am suffering from inertia. But must do projects (I have a million from which to choose: photo's into albums, sewing, genealogy reports, etc...) and Not spend my two weeks on this computer.... and, yet... Here am I !]

I made the kind of eggs that you scramble, put into a ziplock, and boil. I had dishes of sliced mushrooms, green onions, olives, chicken, artichoke hearts (the frozen kind, not the marinated), and diced tomatoes. YUMMEEEE. with cheese and sour cream to top them. Also served biscuits, waffles, fruit, and forgot to put the bacon in the microwave, although had it set up and ready to go... It was a lot of fun. The girls are so cute and enjoyable. Lots of laughter and conversation with them. I bought them a few new books from walmart and so had to read them again and again. Also bought (on sale, again at walmart) a Tigger game where you try to balance all these little toy-things on tigger and eventually he gets unbalanced and "jumps" and all the little things go flying and it startles you Every time he does it. They just Loved that game and laughed and laughed over it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm always at the ready to play Dr. rae with my kids (as if they don't know how to Think as well I do), giving them medical advice like they aren't in their 30's. Do they ASK me, "Mom - What would You do you were me?" or "Mom - what's your opinion on this?" NO They Don't. ...and do I give them a Chance to even Ask? ohDearMe, NO I don't. It's a terrible habit and I've got to stop. Unsolicited Advice, my son calls it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

the old days
I chose pink because mom was so upset that we were having a wedding at all (we'd been living together, afterall). She was so strange about my whole wedding day, before and during. No excitement or interest or happiness. But I just Made her be the way I wanted (needed) her to be in my mind (I was highly capable of such thinking in those young days). Still, some of it I had to really step over to keep my fantasy in line.

I wonder why I look with such squintings at the past? I don't deal with the present or future that way. But the past... oh yeah. Negative, cynical conjurings.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

rae

No comments: